Definition of harpy eagle in English:
A large crested eagle of tropical rain forests, often preying on monkeys.
- Family Accipitridae: Harpia harpyja of South America, the largest eagle, and Harpyopsis novaeguineae of New Guinea
- The most powerful bird of prey on Earth, the harpy eagle, weighs up to 20 pounds (nine kilograms), has a seven-foot wing span, and is armed with talons as big as grizzly bear claws.
- Enjoy an evening with cinematographer Neil Rettig and his amazing film featuring the harpy eagle from the rain forests of South America.
- The parklands are home to some of the last remaining stretches of the species-abundant Atlantic rain forest and many creatures on the ‘threatened’ list like the giant otter, Brazilian jaguar and harpy eagle.
Definition of harpy eagle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan