noun (plural harvestmen)
- another term for daddy longlegs ( sense 1).More example sentences
- The 400-million-year-old fossil organ belongs to a harvestmen or daddy longlegs, a non-web-spinning arachnid, related to mites and ticks.
- While some species may be better at hunting than others, most harvestmen scavenge dead plants and animals, only occasionally catching relatively easy prey, such as small caterpillars.
- Cave crickets and harvestmen or ‘daddy longlegs’ that live inside the caves during the day and feed outside the caves at night contribute important nutrients to the cave ecosystem.
More definitions of harvestmanDefinition of harvestman in:
- The British & World English dictionary