- The chemical element of atomic number 108, a very unstable element made by high-energy atomic collisions. (Symbol: Hs) See also hahnium.More example sentences
- Element 108 is called hassium, after the German state of Hesse wherein Darmstadt is situated.
- One potential candidate for such a long-living element is hassium, which contains about 180 neutrons.
- They have anywhere from 13 isotopes to one isotope (e.g., hassium and meitnerium).
modern Latin, from Latin Hassias 'Hesse' (the German state); it was discovered in Darmstadt in 1984.
More definitions of hassiumDefinition of hassium in:
- The British & World English dictionary