- The Australian golfing star who in the 1950s won a hat trick of British Opens has collected his thoughts in a new book.
- Great Britain will be hoping for a hat trick of golds today to add to the two won in successive days in Athens.
- Calgary audiences loved her last two musical visits so much she's coming back for a hat trick.
- He scored hat-tricks in consecutive league games recently.
- His two goals were excellently taken and he was most unlucky not to score a hat-trick.
- Sam Hallas scored twice more to complete his hat-trick and take the man of the match award.
- By taking the last two wickets on successive balls he has left himself sitting on a hat trick on his first ball next Saturday.
- The match started with Sri Lankan bowler Chaminda Vaas taking a hat trick with the first three balls of the match.
- When Pietersen came to the wicket he barely survived an absolute brute of a ball reared up at him and almost gave McGrath a hat trick.
Late 19th century: originally referring to the club presentation of a new hat (or some equivalent) to a bowler taking three wickets successively.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: hat trick
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.