- A young animal that has recently emerged from its egg.More example sentences
- Predators of eggs and hatchlings include small mammals, birds, and other reptiles.
- Large-yolked eggs carry more lipid energy and may result in larger hatchlings or hatchlings with larger residual yolk reserves.
- The presence of remnant yolk sacs was a good indication that these were indeed hatchlings emerging from their nests.
More definitions of hatchlingDefinition of hatchling in:
- The British & World English dictionary