- A long pin, typically with an ornamental head, that holds a woman’s hat in position by securing it to her hair.More example sentences
- She fastens it there with a strong hair elastic, and uses a hatpin to attach the cloth flower.
- At our September meeting Jo Smith displayed her collection of hatpins and gave a slide show illustrating the history of hats and their pins and their connection with fashion and status.
- So she ran off stage, and put on this hat, but because she had so little time to change she just rammed a hatpin through by herself - no dresser, right?
More definitions of hatpinDefinition of hatpin in:
- The British & World English dictionary