adjective (haughtier, haughtiest)
Arrogantly superior and disdainful: a look of haughty disdain a haughty aristocrat
More example sentences
- They became haughty and arrogant, and began to love the art of subterfuge and deception, as well as politics and law.
- In reality, Fawzia was more shy than cold, and she certainly wasn't arrogant or haughty.
- He stoops to sign in, then turns to the friend with an expression of haughty disdain.
- More example sentences
- The woman wearing said fake fur turned around quickly, shot Mom a deadly look, and then haughtily turned back around and ignored her.
- Louise came in, saw us, said, ‘Excuse me,’ very haughtily, and marched out.
- When quite modest health care reforms were introduced by New Labour in England, Scottish Labour was haughtily dismissive of them.