Definition of hawk eagle in English:
A small tropical eagle with broad wings and a long tail, and typically a crest.
- Genera Spizaetus and Spizastur, family Accipitridae: several species
- Each spring, plants begin to bud and birds of prey such as golden eagles and mountain hawk eagles are propagating.
- Black hawk eagles are black overall in color, but have a bushy crest with white feathers.
- My dream trip is night hawk-hunting for spring hare with African hawk eagles in Zimbabwe.
Definition of hawk eagle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan