- A conical heap of hay in a field.More example sentences
- Other common objects also had their names changed to make them more seemly: haycock turned into haystack, weathercock into weathervane, and apricock into apricot.
- On the afternoon he arrived, we went for a long walk and eventually rested against some haycocks in a meadow and had a long talk.
- The ‘Rosie’ of the title is a village girl who ‘baptized him with her cidrous kisses’ behind a haycock.
More definitions of haycockDefinition of haycock in:
- The British & World English dictionary