- 1Grass seed obtained from hay.More example sentences
- I had hayseed in my hair, and I think Rock had a little in his hair, too.
- 2 • informal , chiefly North American A person from the country, especially a simple, unsophisticated one.More example sentences
- This confederation of hayseeds took control of North Dakota after World War I.
- TV has yet to yield a Canadian urban aesthetic that broadly appeals to all us former hayseeds who are drawn to urban hubs.
- The Savage family consists of a bunch of stubborn hayseeds that get real angry when crossed.
More definitions of hayseedDefinition of hayseed in:
- The British & World English dictionary