Definition of hayseed in English:
1Grass seed obtained from hay.
- I had hayseed in my hair, and I think Rock had a little in his hair, too.
2 informal, chiefly North American A person from the country, especially a simple, unsophisticated one.
- This confederation of hayseeds took control of North Dakota after World War I.
- TV has yet to yield a Canadian urban aesthetic that broadly appeals to all us former hayseeds who are drawn to urban hubs.
- The Savage family consists of a bunch of stubborn hayseeds that get real angry when crossed.
Definition of hayseed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.