Definition of hazardous in English:
Risky; dangerous: we work in hazardous conditions it is hazardous to personal safety
More example sentences
- He added that it would be wrong to assume that mobile phones were hazardous to human health.
- He has been asked whether emissions from the refinery are hazardous to human health.
- At least one candidate in the election reports that campaigning has proven hazardous to his health.
- Example sentences
- When the weight that physicians know to be hazardously overweight is considered normal weight by the general public, major health problems are on the horizon.
- He envisaged himself wobbling on the edge of an invisible cliff, leaning hazardously this way and that.
- Five drivers were caught driving hazardously under the influence of liquor.
Mid 16th century: from French hasardeux, from hasard 'chance' (see hazard).
Words that rhyme with hazardousDreyfus • Josephus
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.