Definition of hazel grouse in English:
A small Eurasian woodland grouse with mainly grayish plumage.
- Bonasa bonasia, family Tetraonidae (or Phasianidae)
- There are wood grouses, black grouses, hazel grouses, partridges, nutcrackers, and others.
- This was followed by breast of hazel grouse with Madeira sauce.
- Pheasants, wild pigeons and hazel grouses live in the woods, and are never disturbed at the sight of humans.
Definition of hazel grouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.