Definition of head first in English:
1With the head in front of the rest of the body: [as adverb]: she dived head first into the water [as attributive adjective]: a head-first slide
More example sentences
- If there had been a hole in front of her, Diana would have gladly dived in head first and dragged Jack in behind her.
- The day goes on, with Dax getting sunburned, Dude wiping out onto the beach head first, and the rest of the group having its general fun in the sun.
- She raised her hands in the air and cart wheeled head first before twisting her body end over end in backflip after backflip.
1.1Without sufficient forethought.
- So come year 7 and I jumped head first into a new environment, new school, new uniform, and no girls.
- Directors accept challenges, take authority, and go head first into solving problems.
- If my future profession could involve such pleasurable antics I would jump in head first.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan