adjective & adverb
- 1With the head in front of the rest of the body: [as adverb]: she dived head first into the water [as attributive adjective]: a head-first slideMore example sentences
- If there had been a hole in front of her, Diana would have gladly dived in head first and dragged Jack in behind her.
- The day goes on, with Dax getting sunburned, Dude wiping out onto the beach head first, and the rest of the group having its general fun in the sun.
- She raised her hands in the air and cart wheeled head first before twisting her body end over end in backflip after backflip.
- 1.1Without sufficient forethought.More example sentences
- So come year 7 and I jumped head first into a new environment, new school, new uniform, and no girls.
- Directors accept challenges, take authority, and go head first into solving problems.
- If my future profession could involve such pleasurable antics I would jump in head first.