- A fan or performer of heavy metal music.More example sentences
- Too hard for popsters, too twisted for arena-rock headbangers and too subversive for all but the most open-minded listeners, they dealt with taboo subjects with a bizarre wit and hard-rocking drive.
- It may sound like faint praise, but the band's ability to make plainly dyspeptic headbangers that really bang is no small feat at a time when powerful popular dissent and effective mainstream rock are both in such short supply.
- Although my own short-lived nu metal days were finished by the time I turned 16, it was obvious to anyone in attendance that these guys would stand out in a field of sound-alike headbangers.
More definitions of headbangerDefinition of headbanger in:
- The British & World English dictionary