- 1A method of restraining someone by holding an arm firmly around their head, especially as a hold in wrestling.More example sentences
- Almost imperceptibly, one pair's dancing morphed into wrestling, embraces turned into headlocks and back into eyelash-batting flirtation just in time for another couple's dancing to begin a similar cycle.
- In one match, I finally grabbed him in a headlock and asked if we were going to wrestle, or what.
- Two kids were even caught in a wrestling match with a teacher, trying to take down the man with a series of headlocks and full nelsons.
More definitions of headlockDefinition of headlock in:
- The British & World English dictionary