- (Especially in private schools) the woman in charge of a school; the principal.More example sentences
- Jack faltered in her charge towards her headmistress: you didn't want to mess with her when she was busy.
- Inside, headmistress Ibistam Mahdi cuts a yellow ribbon, and thanks the men through a translator.
- Huxley also typed in the advances Bernard makes to Eton's headmistress during the showing of the Penitentes film.
More definitions of headmistressDefinition of headmistress in:
- The British & World English dictionary