noun[treated as singular or plural]
- 1The premises occupied by a military commander and the commander’s staff.More example sentences
- Its main generating unit was the staff headquarters of the Red Army's Rear Services.
- We received initial guidance from our higher headquarters and our commanding general.
- Their military headquarters were located at the Hotel Regina in Paris.
- 1.1The place or building serving as the managerial and administrative center of an organization.More example sentences
- The tigers had to be moved more than 400 kilometres from the site to the headquarters of the centre.
- Which two trans national organisations have their headquarters in Brussels?
- The national headquarters is based at York University with a regional centre at Sheffield Hallam University.