1A photograph of a person’s head.
- And all you have to do is send in a full-body swimsuit photograph and one headshot to their offices.
- Gone are the plump cheeks and twee twinkly smile. I need new headshots, but that's always a dicey move; you age at catastrophic speed, and people think you've had an intense bout as a meth user.
- And most headshots are just yearbook photos, right?
1.1A frame, or a sequence of frames, of videotape or motion-picture film that captures a close-up of a person’s head.
- Warhol produced a number of films in which these figures were filmed as living headshots, the camera simply staring at the individual while he or she did nothing but awkwardly return the gaze.
- Courtroom drama series The Practice has a very effective title sequence that combines headshots of each of the main cast members blended and superimposed with urban city images in a quickly cut montage.
- Rather than breaking the spell, the presence of these men, unfussily filmed (simple headshots, against a plain backcloth), adds to the intensity of the experience and deepens the psychological drama.
2A bullet or gunshot aimed at the head.
- They're also a fair bit hardier in terms of taking damage; for example, it can require multiple headshots to defeat them, which can make these encounters feel rather more arcade-like than the rest of the game.
- This should result in lots of headshots, since, you know, if your head is facing toward someone and they point their gun at your head and pull the trigger your head is where the bullet would go.
- For an M-rated title, headshots aren't as bloodily satisfying as they could be
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of headshot in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.