Definition of headspring in English:
1A spring that is the main source of a stream.
- The current is very slow near the headsprings so it is easy to just drift along and watch the banks.
- The Rainbow River is 5.6 miles long, flowing from the headsprings in the State Park into the Withlacoochee River.
- On March 13, 2006, Mary and I visited the Rainbow Springs State Park, which features the headsprings of the Rainbow River.
2A somersault similar to a handspring, except that the performer lands on the head as well as the hands.
- My brother performed a nervous headspring, but the ‘spotter’, supposed to support his shoulder, lower back, and assist the rotation, had moved out of the way.
- You do a cool move on a floor: a standing back headspring.
- Back headsprings are one of the scariest moves I know.
Words that rhyme with headspringwellspring
Definition of headspring in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia