Definition of headspring in English:
1A spring that is the main source of a stream.
- The current is very slow near the headsprings so it is easy to just drift along and watch the banks.
- The Rainbow River is 5.6 miles long, flowing from the headsprings in the State Park into the Withlacoochee River.
- On March 13, 2006, Mary and I visited the Rainbow Springs State Park, which features the headsprings of the Rainbow River.
2A somersault similar to a handspring, except that the performer lands on the head as well as the hands.
- My brother performed a nervous headspring, but the ‘spotter’, supposed to support his shoulder, lower back, and assist the rotation, had moved out of the way.
- You do a cool move on a floor: a standing back headspring.
- Back headsprings are one of the scariest moves I know.
Words that rhyme with headspringwellspring
Definition of headspring in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.