Definition of headstander in English:
A small deep-bodied freshwater fish of the Amazon region, popular in aquariums. It swims and feeds at an oblique angle with the head down.
- Genus Abramites, family Anostomidae: two species
- Despite all this the headstander was my favorite fish, and the last troublemaker to leave the tank.
- Marbled headstanders are not rare, but they're only available at certain times of the year, so you don't tend to see them for sale very often.
- This large group of fish are from Africa and central America some are shoaling species, which is 6 or more they include hatchetfish, pencilfish and tetras, headstanders and piranhas.
Definition of headstander in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan