A small deep-bodied freshwater fish of the Amazon region, popular in aquariums. It swims and feeds at an oblique angle with the head down.
- Genus Abramites, family Anostomidae: two species
More example sentences
- Despite all this the headstander was my favorite fish, and the last troublemaker to leave the tank.
- Marbled headstanders are not rare, but they're only available at certain times of the year, so you don't tend to see them for sale very often.
- This large group of fish are from Africa and central America some are shoaling species, which is 6 or more they include hatchetfish, pencilfish and tetras, headstanders and piranhas.
Definition of headstander in:
- The British & World English dictionary