1Activities taxing the mind; mental work.
- I am worried about his headwork, but I have prepared for it, and will keep my head down.
- This recovery was the result of good headwork and great across-the-board CRM, and could easily stand on its own merits as an example of any of the seven critical CRM skills.
- For once, we used good headwork by climbing off the route and squawking emergency when it was obvious we no longer could continue on the route.
2 (headworks) Apparatus for controlling the flow of water in a river or canal.
- Present Queensland legislation contains fairly specific provisions enabling local authorities to require contributions from development applicants in respect of water and sewerage headworks.
- While in Baghdad, [they] made a pyramid of the skulls of Baghdad's scholars, religious leaders, and poets, and… deliberately destroyed what remained of Iraq's canal headworks.
- The association has threatened that if the case was not withdrawn, canal water supply would be stopped by junior engineers from various headworks in the state.
Definition of headwork in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.