Definition of headwork in English:
1Activities taxing the mind; mental work.
- I am worried about his headwork, but I have prepared for it, and will keep my head down.
- This recovery was the result of good headwork and great across-the-board CRM, and could easily stand on its own merits as an example of any of the seven critical CRM skills.
- For once, we used good headwork by climbing off the route and squawking emergency when it was obvious we no longer could continue on the route.
2 (headworks) Apparatus for controlling the flow of water in a river or canal.
- Present Queensland legislation contains fairly specific provisions enabling local authorities to require contributions from development applicants in respect of water and sewerage headworks.
- While in Baghdad, [they] made a pyramid of the skulls of Baghdad's scholars, religious leaders, and poets, and… deliberately destroyed what remained of Iraq's canal headworks.
- The association has threatened that if the case was not withdrawn, canal water supply would be stopped by junior engineers from various headworks in the state.
Words that rhyme with headworkcraftwork • legwork
Definition of headwork in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.