- A health insurance organization to which subscribers pay a predetermined fee in return for a range of medical services from physicians and healthcare workers registered with the organization.More example sentences
- Nothing contained in this section shall preclude the health maintenance organization from conducting managed care, medical necessity, or utilization review.
- Is the agency approved or accepted by your health maintenance organization or supplemental insurance?
- These findings are similar to those from population-based studies conducted in other countries, and from a survey of patients enrolled in a U.S. health maintenance organization.
More definitions of health maintenance organizationDefinition of health maintenance organization in:
- The British & World English dictionary