adjective (healthier, healthiest)
- 1In good health: I feel fit and healthy • figurative the family is the basis of any healthy societyMore example sentences
- The right of children to play enhances their healthy physical and psychological development and builds stronger communities.
- Nowadays, music is both applied for patients with mental disorders and healthy people.
- Physical examination showed a healthy man in no apparent distress.
- 1.1(Of a part of the body) not diseased: healthy cellsMore example sentences
- They have the potential to revolutionise medicine by offering ways of repairing diseased and damaged body tissues with healthy new cells.
- Sick of seeing him suffer at the hand of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus an autoimmune disease where the body attacks its own healthy cells and tissues she decided to become a live donor.
- I am sure that I am not the only cyclist who gets reports from his mid-40s physicals of having a healthy prostate.
- 1.2Indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health: a healthy appetite a healthy balanced dietMore example sentences
- Promoting healthy, balanced eating and a regular exercise program are still the most the sensible weight loss guidelines.
- The guide was sent as part of the National School Fruit Scheme, which aims to promote a healthy diet among infants.
- We promote healthy diets, and there are so many studies showing that meat is just not the healthiest thing.
- 1.3Normal, natural, and desirable: a healthy contempt for authority healthy competitionMore example sentences
- He had everything, the mod sense of dress, an upwardly mobile lifestyle, a healthy contempt for authority and an irrepressible belief in his own creativity.
- We advocate open, natural and healthy communication between the sexes.
- Not all anger is misplaced, and often it's a healthy, natural response to these difficulties.
- 1.4Of a satisfactory size or amount: making a healthy profitMore example sentences
- Although by now all six of us were firm friends, John and Stephanie had to go home to let their baby sitter get away, and there was still a healthy amount of wine to be drunk.
- I do however think it will pick up a healthy amount of votes.
- He feels good about his chances and would be happy to return for another year, but has a healthy amount of perspective on it all.
- More example sentences
- PE teachers tell you to eat healthily but it's too vague.
- It is possible to find small growers who raise their turkeys sensibly, healthily, humanely and wisely.
- Then she will be able to get sorted out and start to eat healthily.
- More example sentences
- We have substituted ideas of comfort, entitlement, and productivity for healthiness and well-being.
- ‘Several members of the public have asked us to investigate whether the claims made about the healthiness of farmed salmon can be justified,’ said a spokesman.
- A book on eating yourself toward healthiness and away from heart disease sits brightly between two much thicker books on cocktail recipes and party snacks.