A sudden and sometimes fatal occurrence of coronary thrombosis, typically resulting in the death of part of a heart muscle.
- This helps to slow the progression of coronary heart disease and makes a heart attack less likely.
- Being sedentary increases the risk of a heart attack or stroke by the same amount as smoking.
- While at home he became ill and eventually died alone after a heart attack.
heart attack on a plate
- informal An especially unhealthy meal, typically one that is high in saturated fat: a heart attack on a plate made with four beef patties and 20 slices of baconMore example sentences
- Most things on this menu are like a heart attack on a plate.
- I mean I love meat, but I didn't want to have a heart attack on a plate!
- If you want to eat a "heart attack on a plate", this restaurant is for you.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: heart at·tack
Definition of heart attack in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.