- Severe failure of the heart to function properly, especially as a cause of death: her mother had died of heart failureMore example sentences
- It may culminate in chronic valvular disease and can lead to heart failure and ultimately death.
- Death is usually from a secondary cause such as heart failure, pneumonia or another infection.
- The extra fluid may cause weight gain, although severe chronic heart failure sometimes causes wasting.
More definitions of heart failureDefinition of heart failure in:
- The British & World English dictionary