Definition of heart urchin in English:
A heart-shaped burrowing sea urchin that has a thick covering of fine spines on the shell, giving it a furry appearance.
- Class Echinoidea, order Spatangoida
- The sandy patches yield burrowing starfish, rare delicate tube anemones, heart urchins, peacock flounders, and many species of nudibranch and sea hare.
- Occasionally, unusual events or creatures are seen - massed heart urchins for example, or odd fish such as tadpole fish, red mullet, and even trigger fish.
- So the heart urchin is considered to be secondarily bilaterally symmetrical.
Definition of heart urchin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.