- A rug laid in front of a fireplace to protect the carpet or floor.More example sentences
- On an odometer basis, my perambulations around the hearthrug by rocking chair are infinitely more dangerous than an astronaut's wildest rides through space.
- But while mum has passed her love of cats to me, she has not managed to do the same with her passion for clearing up after them when they drag half the garden through the cat flap, or conduct a massacre on the hearthrug.
- Later that night, after he had carried her inside, he lay next to her on the hearthrug, listening to her breathe, not quite believing what had just happened.
More definitions of hearthrugDefinition of hearthrug in:
- The British & World English dictionary