- The number of heat units needed to raise the temperature of a body by one degree.More example sentences
- Since temperature is just the average kinetic energy of atoms, the heat capacity per unit volume is dependant on the number of atoms per unit volume.
- In other words, water vapor has a low heat capacity and poor thermal conduction.
- Specific heat capacity is something like energy density of a substance, and measures how much energy must be contained in a substance for it to have a certain temperature.
More definitions of heat capacityDefinition of heat capacity in:
- The British & World English dictionary