- An obscuration of the atmosphere in hot weather, especially a shimmering in the air near the ground that distorts distant views.More example sentences
- The sun shone, the water glittered, and a fine heat haze shimmered over the distant shoreline.
- Theo and the little girl were now little more than two indistinct specks shimmering in the heat haze, a mirage that was beginning to flicker and break up.
- Each day the heat haze shimmered in the distance, distorting the path of the road.
More definitions of heat hazeDefinition of heat haze in:
- The British & World English dictionary