Definition of heat treatment in English:
The use of heat for therapeutic purposes in medicine.
- Ice packs also can help, and you can try alternating heat treatment with ice packs.
- Thinner veins can be removed with laser or heat treatment (thermal ablation).
- If your skin has poor sensation or if you have poor circulation, don't use heat treatment.
- Example sentences
- The same basic stainless-steel alloy can be heat-treated in a number of different ways.
- You can also buy pasteurized eggs, which have been heat-treated to 140 F for 3.5 minutes.
- Titanium's strength depends upon how it's alloyed and heat-treated, just as with steel.
Pronunciation: /ˈhēt ˌtrēt/verb
Definition of heat treatment in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.