- 1Of heaven; divine: heavenly FatherMore example sentences
- It tries to gain advantages before God and obtain righteousness through a supposedly better life with more divine occupations and more heavenly thoughts.
- The members of the church today are blest with all spiritual blessings in the heavenly places in Christ.
- Let's listen carefully for the counsel of the Holy Spirit and train our eyes on the prize of the heavenly Jerusalem.
- 2Of the heavens or sky: heavenly constellationsMore example sentences
- With allusions to the heavenly clutter of planets and stars, the artist gives his canvases a feeling of boundlessness.
- Perfect motion should be in circles, so the stars and planets, being heavenly objects, moved in circles.
- 3 • informal Very pleasing; wonderful: their shampoos smell heavenly it was a heavenly morning for a rideMore example sentences
- Jason Pierce oversaw the compilation of tracks here, and it serves as a timely reminder of the heavenly wonder of one of Britain's foremost musical talents.
- I was about to give up when I spotted the most beautiful, perfect, heavenly, off white, romantic fairy-fantasy skirt at the far end of the floor.
- It was like the world disappeared, and we were spinning in a void of perfect, heavenly intimacy and pleasure.
- More example sentences
- He wants riches: heavenliness, efficacy, majesty.
- An expression of love, it is usually regard as an expression so great that it could place the recipient into a state of complete heavenliness and bliss.