- A lightweight line with a weight at the end, made to be thrown between a ship and the shore, or from one ship to another, and used to pull a heavier line across.More example sentences
- Men were already swinging along heaving lines, hanging from their hands.
- The storage bucket for heaving lines can accommodate at least 4 heaving lines of 110 metres length.
- Please have at least two heaving lines of sufficient length to reach the tug, available forward and aft.
More definitions of heaving lineDefinition of heaving line in:
- The British & World English dictionary