- The manufacture of large, heavy articles and materials in bulk.More example sentences
- In line with Soviet precedent, priority in investment was given to heavy industry, followed by light industries, with agriculture last.
- But for heavy industry, the ability to finally pass on higher materials costs has been a boon.
- North Korea inherited the bulk of heavy industry when the country was partitioned in 1945.
More definitions of heavy industryDefinition of heavy industry in:
- The British & World English dictionary