Definition of hectare in English:
A metric unit of square measure, equal to 100 ares (2.471 acres or 10,000 square meters).
- If we look at the Napier airport, we see that hectares and hectares of land were created by the sea retreating.
- Over the last five years, about 2,600 square hectares of green land have been built around the city.
- Each person has about one hectare and each hectare can produce about 400 kilograms.
- Example sentences
- How refreshing it is to see that most of the adverts for farmland are given in acres often with the hectarage given in brackets.
- Are collective regulatory procedures under threat because of changes in the local or broader political economy (for example, extension of hectarages for the production of crops for the market)?
- Only 6% of the normal hectarage of land has been planted this year and Zimbabwe expects a wheat crop next year of only 22,500 tonnes.
Definition of hectare in:
- British & World English dictionary