Talk to (someone) in a bullying way: she doesn’t hector us about giving up things (as adjective hectoring) a brusque, hectoring manner
More example sentences
- Indeed, we've come a long way from the ‘responsibility era’ that Junior has been hectoring us about for the last four years.
- But the guy continued hectoring me to watch more episodes so that I might become enlightened and see the error of my ways.
- Fair enough - if listening to him hectoring us about scarce resources and carbon emissions is what it takes to conserve the planet then it's a price worth paying.
- More example sentences
- His message - the persistence and evolving continuity of life - is hardly profound, yet it hectoringly pervades four volumes totalling over two thousand pages.
- But for the most part the tone of the works on show alternates between the hectoringly political and the philosophically profound.
- The treatment is well-judged, pointed but never hectoringly didactic, in a screenplay by the director's brother.