- A young female cow that has not borne a calf.More example sentences
- They raise their own replacement heifers and sell their bull calves to another organic farmer nearby.
- Dry cows and in calf heifers can easily be managed inside as maintenance requirements are relatively low and can easily be met.
- Some producers concentrate solely on cows, hiring other farmers to custom raise heifers.
Old English heahfore, of unknown origin.
More definitions of heiferDefinition of heifer in:
- The British & World English dictionary