An American plant of the daisy family that bears many red to yellow flowers, each having a prominent central disk.
- Genus Helenium, family Compositae: many species, especially the sneezeweeds
More example sentences
- Heleniumshave a longer and more showy flowering period if rejuvenated from year to year.
- Dead-head daisies and heleniums to lengthen their season.
- Inula helenium, a large plant, related to the sunflower, which grows wild in Europe and has become naturalized in N. America.
Definition of helenium in:
- The British & World English dictionary