- A single-celled aquatic animal of the phylum Heliozoa.More example sentences
- This delicate heliozoan demonstrates the amazing ability of axiopods to repair themselves.
- Of course in the case of both heliozoans, the axopodia were fixed in different states of retraction.
- Heliozoa is one of a diverse group of protozoa called heliozoans that live in both freshwater and marine environments.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting heliozoans.More example sentences
- The genetic foundation for sequestering ribosomes near the nucleus could have developed in amoeboid or heliozoan ancestors.
- One past heliozoan, Sticholonche, was found by Nikolaev et al. to cluster with Acantharea.
More definitions of heliozoanDefinition of heliozoan in:
- The British & World English dictionary