- The vomiting of blood.More example sentences
- The patient represented ten months after the laryngectomy and neck dissection with a one day history of intermittent haemoptysis and haematemesis of fresh blood.
- In contrast, posterior bleeding may be asymptomatic or may present insidiously as nausea, hematemesis, anemia, hemoptysis, or melena.
- We describe two patients with alcoholic liver disease and haematemesis whose bleeding was not controlled by endoscopic treatment.
early 19th century: from hemato- 'of blood' + Greek emesis 'vomiting'.
More definitions of hematemesisDefinition of hematemesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary