Any substance that tends to increase the amount of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Every month, when students came for collection of hematinic, check was made for compliance and side effects.
- She had a smooth postoperative recovery and maintained her hematocrit postoperatively without any hematinics when reviewed in the outpatient clinic after two weeks.
- The patient was taken up for surgery 15 days after initiation of oral hematinics when his hemoglobin was measured to be 10.8 g.
Tending to increase the amount of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Iron sucrose is a hematinic agent that was recently approved by the FDA for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia in patients undergoing chronic hemodialysis who are receiving concomitant erythropoietin therapy.
- Mothers were called every week and were made to consume the hematinic supplement in the clinic itself.
- Chromagen Forte® is now the #1 newly prescribed branded oral prescription hematinic product in the United States.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.