- The level of the lower edge of a garment such as a skirt, dress, or coat: a long jacket with a lowered hemline at the backMore example sentences
- Some designers showed fur as a trim - around the necklines or hemlines of dresses, or on the collars and cuffs of sweaters and jackets.
- There were groups of Neanderthal-looking guys talking about football, and groups of girls wearing dresses with way high hemlines and way low necklines.
- Some dresses feature freaky frilled hemlines, and striped suits were shown with dramatic hats that wouldn't have looked out of place at Ascot.
More definitions of hemlineDefinition of hemline in:
- The British & World English dictionary