- A hereditary disorder in which iron salts are deposited in the tissues, leading to liver damage, diabetes mellitus, and bronze discoloration of the skin.More example sentences
- Other signs of hereditary hemochromatosis include diabetes, a weak heart, and problems with glands or joints.
- If left untreated, however, hereditary hemochromatosis can lead to damaging or even fatal iron overload.
- Finally, he visits a new doctor who diagnoses him with hereditary hemochromatosis, a genetic disorder common among people of Northern European descent.
More definitions of hemochromatosisDefinition of hemochromatosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary