- The rupture or destruction of red blood cells. Also called hematolysis.More example sentences
- Not all patients who develop the antibody will undergo red blood cell hemolysis.
- The authors begin by noting that bacteriologists had proposed various classifications of the streptococcus genus and that strains that produced haemolysis of red blood cells were thought to constitute a single unit or group.
- Intravascular hemolysis is the destruction of red blood cells in the circulation with the release of cell contents into the plasma.
More definitions of hemolysisDefinition of hemolysis in:
- The British & World English dictionary