Definition of henbit in English:
A dead-nettle with purple flowers and partly prostrate stems, native to Eurasia, several kinds of which have become widely naturalized in North America.
- Genus Lamium, family Labiatae: several species, in particular L. amplexicaule
- Many winter annual weeds, including common chickweed, purple deadnettle, henbit, and cressleaf groundsel, have become increasingly problematic in corn, soybean, and wheat production.
- Then winter arrives - usually for about two weeks - and we get new weeds - chickweed, henbit and annual bluegrass.
- Weeds such as henbit and pennycress are winter annuals that generally emerge in the fall.
Definition of henbit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.