- A dead-nettle with purple flowers and partly prostrate stems, native to Eurasia, several kinds of which have become widely naturalized in North America.
More example sentences
- Genus Lamium, family Labiatae: several species, in particular L. amplexicaule
- Many winter annual weeds, including common chickweed, purple deadnettle, henbit, and cressleaf groundsel, have become increasingly problematic in corn, soybean, and wheat production.
- Then winter arrives - usually for about two weeks - and we get new weeds - chickweed, henbit and annual bluegrass.
- Weeds such as henbit and pennycress are winter annuals that generally emerge in the fall.
late 16th century: apparently a translation of Low German or Dutch hoenderbeet.
More definitions of henbitDefinition of henbit in:
- The British & World English dictionary