Definition of hendecagon in English:
A plane figure with eleven straight sides and angles.
- The regular hendecagon cannot be constructed using the classical Greek rules of geometric construction.
- Though hendecagons are the most flexible polygons we have examined, there is a downside.
- The hendecagons in the model are not quite regular.
- Example sentences
- Likewise, the Susan B. Anthony dollar, in addition to its hendecagonal design, was nice because it featured a leader of the women's suffrage movement.
- The failure of the Susan B. Anthony dollar was largely attributed to its quarter-like size and appearance; it was originally hendecagonal to get around this very problem, but coin people would only take round.
- After a few hendecagonal dollar coins' worth of beer every real Canadian begins to sound off his maniacal laughing leading into the falsetto wailing loon call.
Definition of hendecagon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan