- A prehistoric monument consisting of a circle of stone or wooden uprights.More example sentences
- Making monuments, henges, and stone circles required an immense amount of labour and the coordination of effort.
- Probably long before there were stone henges there were wooden henges, just posts.
- Near the centre of the henge were two smaller stone circles with internal settings.
mid 18th century: back-formation from Stonehenge.
More definitions of hengeDefinition of henge in:
- The British & World English dictionary