Add heparin to (blood or a container about to be filled with blood) to prevent it from coagulating.
- Thin blood smears were prepared from fresh heparinized blood on microscope slides.
- At 5 and 8 months of treatment, heparinized blood was collected from some mice of each group by orbital venous puncture under light ether anesthesia after fasting for 18 hours.
- Arterial and venous blood samples were obtained in standard heparinized blood sampling syringes after the cord had been doubly clamped.
- Example sentences
- After rewarming, mechanical ventilation was recommenced and heparinization reversed with protamine.
- Most centres start oral anticoagulant treatment the day after implantation, with or without heparinisation.
- Initial heparinisation should be followed by long term anticoagulation with oral anticoagulants.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of heparinize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.