Definition of heparinize in English:
Add heparin to (blood or a container about to be filled with blood) to prevent it from coagulating.
- Thin blood smears were prepared from fresh heparinized blood on microscope slides.
- At 5 and 8 months of treatment, heparinized blood was collected from some mice of each group by orbital venous puncture under light ether anesthesia after fasting for 18 hours.
- Arterial and venous blood samples were obtained in standard heparinized blood sampling syringes after the cord had been doubly clamped.
- Example sentences
- After rewarming, mechanical ventilation was recommenced and heparinization reversed with protamine.
- Most centres start oral anticoagulant treatment the day after implantation, with or without heparinisation.
- Initial heparinisation should be followed by long term anticoagulation with oral anticoagulants.
Definition of heparinize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan