Definition of herb in English:
- I also find the green leaves of ivy, herbs and other plants are beautiful as well.
- You can take time to select chocolate or apple mint, lemon basil, and pungent garlic from an herb garden.
- This article explains how to start an indoor herb garden from plants or seed and how to properly care for it.
- A higher mesophyll resistance in woody plants than in herbs, and in sclerophylls than in mesophytes, has been reported.
- Many vascular epiphytes share the understorey environment with terrestrial herbs, shrubs and tree seedlings.
- There will also be plants grown especially for the vegetable plot as well as herbs, herbaceous perennials and shrubs.
Middle English: via Old French from Latin herba 'grass, green crops, herb'. Although herb has always been spelled with an h, pronunciation without it was usual in British English until the 19th century and is still standard in the US.
Herb came via Old French from Latin herba ‘grass, green crops, herb’. Although herb has always been spelled with an h, pronunciation without it was usual until the 19th century and is still standard in the US.
Words that rhyme with herbacerb, blurb, curb, disturb, kerb, perturb, Serb, superb, verb
Definition of herb in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.