- A plant whose growth dies down annually but whose roots or other underground parts survive.More example sentences
- All of these plants thrive as shrubs in my zone 7 Georgia garden; in colder climates, they survive as herbaceous perennials, dying back to the ground in winter.
- Mint and lemon balm, for example, are herbaceous perennials that die back every winter and expand their growth footprint every warm season.
- Eggplants are attractive, tender herbaceous perennials normally grown as annuals.
More definitions of herbaceous perennialDefinition of herbaceous perennial in:
- The British & World English dictionary