- 1A practitioner of herbalism.More example sentences
- Throughout the century, homeopathists, herbalists, practitioners of electro-magnetism, and other unorthodox healers continued to attract patients and test the reach of the law.
- Ryan Drum, PHD has been a professional wildcrafter, herbal educator, and practicing medical herbalist for over 20 years after a successful career as an academic research scientist.
- There are plenty of herbal books and practicing herbalists that can educate a layperson about contraindications.
- 1.1A dealer in medicinal herbs.More example sentences
- Helen Young, a herbalist at Herbie's Herbs in Toronto, says the best approach, before you go taking any chemicals or supplements, is to check for nutritional difficulties and adjust your diet accordingly.
- That's why in some countries, there is a clear difference between the pharmacies which are thought to sell conventional medicines and the herbalists' shops supposed to handle phytodrugs.
- Usually such female employment was an extension of household tasks - domestic servants, hairdressers, linen drapers, seamstresses, herbalists, and petty retailers of fruit, eggs and butter.
- 1.2An early botanical writer.More example sentences
- The herbalist John Gerard said it is ‘white, moist, and tough, serving very well for ropes, traces, and halters’.
More definitions of herbalistDefinition of herbalist in:
- The British & World English dictionary